Bring a pop of color to your table this summer with our DIY stamped cork placemats.
We’ll show you how to make your own flower stamp with our printable template and craft foam.
You can easily substitute stamps or stencils you have around the house, or be daring and draw your own design freehand! Just remember to sketch your plan out first so that you’ll be satisfied with the end result.
Once you’ve completed your stamp, it’s easy to cover it with fabric paint and press down on the cork squares.
Cork provides a great surface for both hot and cold dishes. Cutting it in a square shape gives your DIY stamped cork placemats a more contemporary flair.
Greet summer with a fresh, new one-of-a-kind look.
Our post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links within our content, Everyday Dishes & DIY will receive a commission. This won’t cost you anything additional and it helps to keep our content free!
DIY stamped cork placemats instructions
- Everyday Dishes & DIY flower stamp printable
- printer and paper
- X-acto knife
- 12" x 18" x 5mm craft foam
- hot glue gun
- cork tiles 12" x 12"
- acrylic paint
- foam brush
- Download the Everyday Dishes & DIY flower stamp template and open in Adobe Reader.
- Using a pencil trace the flower petals onto paper.
- Turn drawing face down on foam sheet.
- Firmly rub pencil outline with fingernail to transfer pencil to foam.
- Cut out flower petals with X-acto knife, keeping blade vertical so foam shape isn’t angled or tapered.
- Arrange petals on remaining foam sheet.
- Use pencil to outline placement to make gluing easier. Hot glue flower petals to foam sheet and let dry.
- Cut out finished stamp leaving ¾" border around petals.
- Decide on placemat design before stamping. You may want to draw design ideas on paper before you begin.
- Pour paint into bowl. (Reuse Greek yogurt cups for paint bowls)
- Dip brush into paint, wipe off excess paint on side of bowl or paper towel.
- Brush stamp surface with paint until fully covered.
- Press stamp firmly on cork and lift up.
- If stamp image is light, recoat brush and stamp a second time, making sure. Image and stamp are aligned OR use small paint brush lightly coated with paint to enhance image.
- Finish pattern and let dry.
- Repeat for all placemats.
- Wipe stamp clean once finished or when changing paint colors.
- Wet wipes are great for cleaning stamps.