Citrus vodka martini cocktail
When it comes to cocktails, it’s hard to please everyone. But we’re pretty sure that our citrus vodka martini with st. germain will be a huge hit with your girlfriends.
It is light, smooth, fruity and perfect for summertime. We added St. Germaine, which is a sweet artisanal French-style liquor crafted from elderberry. It contains elements of peach, orange, grapefruit and pear and tastes absolutely incredible with vodka and a splash of lemon lime soda.
Not interested in soda? Try adding a splash of ruby red grapefruit juice. If you like your drinks a little stronger, back off on the citrus and double up on the vodka.
Speaking of vodka, choose a mid-range vodka like Skyy or Absolute. You don’t have to go top-shelf but stay away from the cheap stuff so you don’t send your friends home with a hangover.
citrus vodka martini cocktail recipe
- martini glass
- cocktail shaker
- jigger, or shot glass
- 1 1/2 oz vodka
- 1 1/2 oz St. Germain liquor
- 3 oz lemon lime soda
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- lemon, to garnish
- Rinse a martini glass with water and place the glass in your freezer for a couple of minutes to achieve a frost.
- Meanwhile, fill a cocktail shaker with ice then get out a jigger or shot glass to measure the ingredients.
- Pour one shot of vodka and one shot of St. Germain into the cocktail shaker. Then add 3 oz lemon lime soda and the juice from half of a fresh lemon.
- Place the cap on the cocktail shaker then shake vigorously. For an extra-cold martini, place the cocktail shaker in the freezer for a few extra minutes to chill.
- After your glass and cocktail have sufficiently chilled, pull both out of the freezer. Give the cocktail shaker a few additional shakes then strain ingredients into the glass.
- Garnish with a fresh lemon wedge and enjoy!