Introduce some old Hollywood glamour into your nightlife with a grapefruit vanilla gin sour. Smooth vanilla paste, ruby red grapefruit juice and a pinch of lime will turn this happy hour cocktail into a full on Shangri-La.
This drink might sound super fancy, but it couldn’t be easier to make. Grab that gin from under the kitchen sink (we kid) then add it to an ice-filled cocktail shaker with the remaining liquid ingredients. Toss in the powdered sugar then give the components a good shake, rattle and roll.
It’s all about the finishing touches—strain the cocktail into a chilled glass then garnish with a small wedge of grapefruit or lime. If you’re really out for a show, add a vanilla bean for extra flair!
Grapefruit Vanilla Gin Sour Recipe
what you'll need
- 4 oz gin
- 8 oz grapefruit juice ruby red
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla paste
- 2 sprigs rosemary muddled (plus extra for garnish)
- juice of 1 lime plus extra for garnish
- slice or wedge grapefruit for garnish
let's do it
- Rinse your cocktail glass then place it in a freezer to achieve a frost.
- Meanwhile, combine liquid ingredients, muddled rosemary and powdered sugar in a cocktail shaker with ice. Give your cocktail tin a good shake, remove chilled glass from the freezer then strain ingredients into the glass.
- Garnish with a fresh wedge of grapefruit, lime, rosemary or all 3! You can even include a vanilla bean for extra flair!