This decadent molten lava cake is easy to serve when the sauce is in the cake. Garnish this dessert with a few berries and a scoop of ice cream and you’ve got a sweet treat oozing with chocolatey goodness!
This chocolate dessert bakes to perfection in just about 10 minutes. If you want to achieve restaurant quality cake for this recipe, select the best chocolate you’re willing to buy. More expensive varieties contain cocoa butter and cocoa solids that equate to gourmet taste. This doesn’t mean you have to break the bank, just be sure to read the labels before you purchase the ingredients.
Don’t forget to use oven-safe ramekins for this dessert. Simply butter, spray or flour the containers well so the cake comes out easily. If they stick for any reason, just grab that fork of yours and eat them out of the ramekins like a soufflé!
Molten Lava Cake Recipe
what you'll need
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place rack in center of oven. Spray ramekins thoroughly with cooking spray and place on baking sheet.
- Place butter in microwave-safe bowl and melt completely. Add chopped chocolate, stir until combined. Set aside and allow chocolate to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, sugar and salt with hand mixer until thickened, pale and tripled in volume (about 4-5 minutes). Fold chocolate into egg mixture until completely incorporated. Gently fold in flour.
- Spoon batter into prepared ramekins and bake 9-12 minutes until firm along edges, but soft in center. Allow to cool 1 minute before unmolding.
- Simply run knife along sides of ramekin to loosen edges and place dessert plate upside down on top of ramekins and invert then carefully unmold cakes.
- Garnish as desired and serve immediately.