Who doesn’t love a delicious smoothie to start off the day? One of the best parts of a smoothie is that you can sneak in ingredients that might not be your favorite to eat outright. This recipe incorporates beets, a food that is great for you but not always a favorite on their own. One of the reasons Julia Long of Food Friendly™ by Julia loves beets is because they contain nitrates which improve blood flow. That’s why she calls this her Heart Beet Smoothie!
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Food Friendly™ by Julia
Julia is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who currently works as a Professional Sports Dietitian. In this role, she helps support professional athletes’ performance with the superpowers of real food. In fact, in each of her recipes, she’ll tell you exactly what body function the ingredient supports.
Heart Beet Smoothie Recipe Tips
- We promise you CANNOT taste the beets! We know it might be tempting to skip this ingredient because beets have a reputation for being bitter, but the berries and banana cover up the natural flavor beautifully.
Heart Beet Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 raw beet, (energy boost to brain and muscles)
- 1/4 cup frozen berries, (energy + immunity)
- 1/2 banana, (healthy muscle function)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, (gut health + muscle repair)
- 12 oz water, (hydration)
- Wash & skin the beet.
- Dump all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.