Entertain the kids with our Easter flowerpot craft! It’s a great indoor activity, especially during spring’s unpredictable weather.
This project is super easy and works for children ages three and up. The younger set can join in but will need some parental guidance—mainly because of the tiny googly eyes.
Kids can decorate their rooms by placing them on the windowsills or give them to grandparents as gifts.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Flowerpot craft instructions
- 2.5″ [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B1B4IBY/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00B1B4IBY&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20&linkId=YYBLZPMVG23SQZSB” target=”_blank” title=”2.5″ Clay Pots”]clay pot[/url]
- white paint
- 2 googly eyes
- pink gem
- black fine-tip permanent marker
- cotton ball
- 1 [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YVFIUE/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B003YVFIUE&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20&linkId=BYPBRF75ZGLBH5TR” target=”_blank” title=”White Pipe Cleaners”]white pipe cleaner[/url]
- 2.5″ clay pot
- yellow paint
- 2 googly eyes
- 2 [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0044SEKXC/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0044SEKXC&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20&linkId=YXPICLSQZ6EKL5AC” target=”_blank” title=”Yellow Pipe Cleaners”]yellow pipe cleaners[/url]
- Paint clay pot white and allow it to dry.
- Turn pot upside down then glue on googly eyes directly above the rim of the pot. Dab glue onto the pink gem ‘nose’ and place it on the rim below the eyes. Draw a mouth and whiskers under the gem, using a fine tip permanent marker.
- Glue the cotton ball to the back of the pot.
- Cut pipe cleaner in half then shape to form bunny ears. Insert the straight ends into the hole of the pot to secure in place.
- Paint clay pot yellow and allow it to dry.
- Turn pot upside down then glue on googly eyes directly above the rim of the pot.
- Cut 1/2″ piece of pipe cleaner, bend in half to make a point for the beak. Glue it just above the rim between the eyes.
- Use the reminder of the pipe cleaner to bend and shape 3 loops for feathers—the middle one should be slightly larger than the other two. Once formed, insert the straight end of the pipe cleaner into the hole of the pot.
- Cut the second pipe cleaner in half then shape each piece into a coil for ‘wings.’ Glue 1 on each side of the pot.