Halloween Graveyard Pizza
Halloween fun foods give us high-voltage joy and satisfaction, and our graveyard pizza recipe just might be our favorite to date. Everyone loves pizza!
At first, we approached the idea with cautious optimism in the test kitchen. To our utter delight, the results were perfect and easy to achieve.
Go wild experimenting with your favorite ingredients. Heck, even turn it to a pizza decorating party for the kids or the adults. We’d definitely crack a little vino and make it a night with our pals.
Halloween Graveyard Pizza Recipe
Halloween fun foods give us joy and satisfaction, and our graveyard pizza recipe just might be our favorite to date. The results were perfect and easy!
Yield: 6 - 8 servings
- 1 recipe homemade pizza dough, or einkorn pizza dough
- marinara sauce, or your favorite bottled pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- mushrooms, sliced
- string cheese
- canned cheese
- 1 small head broccoli
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1 small tomato, diced, small
- black olives, sliced
- Place pizza stone in oven and heat to 500 degrees.
- Thirty minutes before baking, bring pizza dough to room temperature. Roll out dough to large rectangle approximately 16" x 10". The dough will remain fairly thick. If the dough resists rolling out, let it rest 5 minutes and try again. Cover a rimless cookie sheet with cornmeal. Transfer the dough to the cookie sheet. Jiggle the sheet to make sure the dough is not sticking to it.
- Cover the dough with marinara or pizza sauce then scatter shredded mozzarella over everything. Next, decide how many ‘graves’ you want on top. For each grave, you will need a small piece of mushroom covered by a slice of pepperoni. The mushroom will create the ‘hump’ of the grave. Squaring off the pepperoni will also make it appear more grave-like. Place the graves randomly—a messy graveyard is scarier than one that is perfectly lined up. Pull strips of cheese from the string cheese and create a crosshatch on top of each grave to help set them apart.
- Bake the pizza for 8–10 minutes
- While the pizza is baking, lay out crackers to serve as headstones for your graves. Place the spreadable cheese in a piping bag or storage bag with a tiny opening. Pipe the letters R I P on each cracker.
- When the pizza is baked, remove from the oven and immediately insert the crackers at the head of each grave. Again, be messy—it’s scarier!
- Scatter small bits of veggies around your graveyard and serve! Happy Halloween!
Crackers make the perfect headstones for your pizza. Look for a variety pack so you can have multiple shapes displayed to play with.
Calories: 382kcal, Carbohydrates: 51g, Protein: 16g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Trans Fat: 0.03g, Cholesterol: 27mg, Sodium: 987mg, Potassium: 515mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 8g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!