Chocolaty and a tad salty, just like a cup of cocoa, our hot chocolate cookies are bound to be your new sweet-tooth obsession. It’s a recipe that’s easy to mix together and super quick to bake. You’ll love it!
Hot chocolate cookies are crispy on the edges and oh-so-chewy in the middle. Kids will love the cookies because they taste great, but they’ll get a real kick out of those itty bitty marshmallows.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Hot Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mallow bits, plus additional for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, fully incorporating the first before adding the next. Add the vanilla and stir to combine.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until the dry ingredients are incorporated. Add the mallow bits and stir to combine.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons full onto prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the top of cookie dough with a few of the mallow bits. Bake cookies for 8–9 minutes until the tops are crackled and the edges are firm.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on the pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
Serving dessert to a bunch of adults? Try a zestier alternative! You can turn these into spicy Mexican hot chocolate cookies by adding 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of chili powder and a ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper.