If there’s any casserole you absolutely must make, it’s this one. This keto jalapeño popper casserole is low on carbs yet high on flavor! It’s made with a base of cauliflower rice and topped with a rich cream cheese mixture, accompanied by jalapeños, chicken, and of course, bacon. Is your mouth drooling yet? Bake as is or finish this casserole off with crushed pork rinds for added crunch and flavor. If you can’t get enough of jalapeño poppers, this one’s for you.
We love a good keto dip for a game day snack, satisfying lunch, or even a fun dinner. Honestly, we’ll take any reason to enjoy this recipe! Especially since it’s full of flavor and low on carbs – our fave! Plus it heats up well. Make for game day on Sunday and enjoy for lunch on Monday.
Keto Jalapeño Popper Casserole Recipe:
- Feel free to omit the chicken and use it as a side dish for dinner.
- Think jalapeños are too spicy? Omit the seeds and cut out the veins to bring down the heat level.
- Substitute regular bread crumbs for the pork rinds if you’re not following a keto diet.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Keto Jalapeño Popper Casserole
what you'll need
- 1 16 oz bag cauliflower rice frozen or fresh
- 1 lb shredded cooked chicken
- 6 strips bacon diced
- 5 jalapeños seeded and diced
- 8 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- pinch of pepper
- 1 cup pork rinds crushed
let's do it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit and grease a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the bacon. Cook for about 5 minutes or until it is cooked and crispy. Drain on paper towels, saving 1 tbsp of the bacon grease.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, mayo, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper.
- Once mixed, stir in the cauliflower rice, chicken, bacon, diced jalapenos, and 1tbsp leftover bacon grease. Stir to completely combine.
- Pour into the prepared casserole dish and top with crushed pork rinds if desired.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the sides are bubbling and the top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.