Who says chicken strips are just for kids?! These Whole 30 chicken strips are healthy and so yummy you won’t want to share. Plus they’re done from start to finish in less than 20 minutes. What could be better than that? Even if you’re not following a Whole 30 program, you’ll probably want to kick your old school chicken strips to the curb and give these a try.
They’re breaded with a perfectly spiced almond flour blend, followed by baking in the air fryer to ensure the best crunch. Pair these chicken strips with air fried potatoes, veggies, and Whole30 compliant dips for a complete and satisfying meal that is sure to leave the entire family happy! Plus it’s easy to reheat these chicken strips in the air fryer.
Whole 30 Chicken Strips Recipe Tips:
- Feel free to test out using different seasonings if desired. Everything but the Bagel Seasoning would also be delicious in this recipe!
- Store leftovers or meal prep these and keep them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheat in the air fryer at 425 degrees for 3-5 minutes.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake these in the oven at 8 minutes, flip and then bake for another 8 minutes until 165 degrees internally.
Whole 30 Chicken Strips Recipe
- Air Fryer
what you'll need
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- cooking oil spray
let's do it
- Prepare the dredging station with two shallow bowls or plates.
- Whisk together the egg and dijon mustard into one of the dishes.
- In the other dish, whisk together the almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, baking powder and pepper.
- Dredge each tenderloin by dipping it into the egg mixture. Allow any excess egg to drip off then place the chicken into the dry mixture, coating it completely. Place onto your air frying pan and repeat with the remaining chicken tenders.
- Lightly spray the chicken tenders with the cooking oil spray.
- Cook in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 12 minutes. Flip the chicken tenders at the 6 minute mark.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve with desired sides and dipping sauces.