Friends and family will think you spent a ton of time on this apple puff pastry tart, but it’s done in less than 30 minutes!
Granny Smith green apples are your best bet for this recipe because they’re tart and hold up well in the oven, but you can use any good baking apple that you like.
Baking apples have lower moisture content and won’t get soggy under high heat!
Apple Puff Pastry Tart Recipe
what you'll need
- 1 sheet puff pastry defrosted
- 3 Granny Smith apples thinly sliced
- 1 egg well beaten
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2-3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds toasted
- 1 Tbsp honey
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the puff pastry on the sheet and gently unfold into a rectangle.
- Arrange thinly sliced apples on top of the pastry, making sure to leave at least a 1" border all the way around. Use a pastry brush to coat the outside border of the pastry with beaten egg.
- Drizzle melted butter on top of the apples then sprinkle apples and crust border with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until the edges of the pastry are dark golden brown and apples are tender. Remove from oven and brush with honey to form a glaze. Sprinkle with toasted sliced almonds and allow tart to cool at least five minutes.