Pizza—everyone loves it, and when you turn a good recipe into a great one, it’s definitely worth making at home! Our 30-minute BBQ chicken puff pastry pizza is light and fluffy with an outstanding blend of spicy BBQ sauce, fresh cilantro, purple onions and of course, chicken.
If you’re trying to impress the ones you love, try using smoked mozzarella—it will change your life. Plus, it’s one of those little tricks where people will know you just prepared the best pizza in town, but they won’t be able to figure out why. Unless you decide to tell, it’s our secret!
BBQ Chicken Puff Pastry Pizza Recipe
what you'll need
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees then line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place defrosted sheet of puff pastry onto the parchment paper then set aside.
- Stir 1 Tbsp of barbecue sauce in with the cooked chicken, stirring to coat. Spread the remaining amount of barbecue sauce onto the puff pastry like pizza sauce, making sure to leave a ¾" border around the edges all the way around.
- Distribute chicken evenly over barbecue sauce then top with shredded mozzarella and thinly sliced red onions.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and just beginning to brown and the pastry crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2 minutes before sprinkling with chopped cilantro. Slice into large pieces then serve!