Daintier and ten times easier than making regular potato skins, our cheesy bacon potato rounds recipe will fly off the plate. Loaded with gooey cheddar cheese, thick-cut bacon and flavorful chives, this recipe is prime for the big game and a great snack for the kids.
There really aren’t any ‘rules’ to creating a custom vibe with this dish. However, we encourage you not to slice the potatoes too thinly. You won’t like the results if your rounds come out flimsy.
Get creative with your ingredients! Think blue cheese crumbles, sour cream, homemade sriracha sauce and the like.
You can also use the appropriate ingredients to recreate a Mexican nacho version or even use pizza toppings.
Bacon Potato Rounds Recipe
- 2 1/2 lbs potatoes, about 3 large, Russet
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 Tbsp chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes clean then pat dry. Slice potatoes crosswise into ½"-thick discs.
- Place potato rounds into a large mixing bowl. Pour melted butter over potato rounds then toss to coat. Season potatoes evenly with kosher salt and arrange onto a large baking sheet, spaced as far apart as possible.
- Bake potatoes for 30–35 minutes, turning once halfway through. Once the potatoes have browned lightly on both sides and are tender in the center, remove from the oven.
- Top each potato round with shredded cheese then sprinkle with crumbled bacon. Return potatoes to the oven, just long enough to melt the cheese (about 1 minute).
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with chopped chives and allow to sit until they are cool enough to handle. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
Our cheesy bacon potato rounds would also taste great with our zesty chipotle dipping sauce!