Baked Crab Cakes
Craving crab cakes? You don’t have to go to a restaurant when it’s so easy to make our baked crab cakes at home.
We made basil aioli to add a sweet and delicate flavor. It’s simple to do with fresh chopped basil, lemon juice, garlic and light mayonnaise, blended in a food processor for a smooth sauce.
Our baked crab cakes are yummy, super easy to prepare and way healthier than a fried version.
Crab Cakes with Basil Aioli Recipe
basil aioli (fancy word for garlic mayo)
- Pour mayo, basil, garlic and lemon juice in food processor and pulse until basil is well incorporated into mayo then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, sauté bell pepper, green onions and garlic in olive oil over medium high heat until softened (about 3-4 minutes).
- Remove from heat and place in separate mixing bowl. Stir in Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, seasoned salt, salt and pepper. Add ¼ cup of the basil aioli, mix well. Add panko, stir to combine then fold in crab meat.
- Divide mixture evenly to form 8 patties and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until heated through and serve with remaining basil aioli.