What is einkorn flour?
Watch our video and find out.
The best thing about evergreen vegetables is that you can make your favorite foods all year round. Our baked zucchini fritters are easy to make and can be enjoyed during any time of day or occasion. You can also make our traditional flour recipe for baked zucchini cakes.
One thing we learned along the way—you’ll want to wring out as much excess water from each zuke as possible. We found that the smaller, thinner zukes have more flavor and better texture because they don’t retain as much water.
Another trick is to sprinkle the zucchini with salt once they’re grated and before they’re strained. The salt will also assist with drawing out the moisture.
Serve these zucchini cakes with eggs for breakfast, on a bed of lettuce for lunch or as a side to any entrée of your liking. There are a zillion ways to enjoy these babies!
Einkorn is helpful for those with gluten sensitivities or intolerances and not intended for those with celiac disease.
Baked Zucchini Fritters Recipe with Einkorn Flour
what you'll need
let's do it
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray then set aside.
- Trim ends off zucchini then grate into a large mixing bowl using the largest holes of a cheese grater. Grate the onion into the same bowl. Toss the grated mixture with ½ tsp salt and set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer zucchini mixture to a strainer and press it firmly against the sides to extract as much liquid as possible to avoid soggy patties. You can also wrap the zucchini mixture up in a clean dishtowel and wring out the water.
- Move the zucchini back to the mixing bowl. (You should only be left with about 2 cups of zucchini at this point.) Stir in all remaining ingredients until completely combined.
- Scoop out batter in ¼-cup portions until all batter is used, drop onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Turn the patties and bake for an additional 10–15 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with additional salt (if necessary). Serve immediately so they stay nice and crispy!
One Last Thing