Roasted Cauliflower and Kale
Eating healthy can be really delicious. We’ve cracked the code on a healthy veggie combination with a quick roasted cauliflower and kale recipe that will have the kiddos begging for more. The best part is that you can whip up this yummy side dish in just 20 minutes.
At the market, choose cauliflower heads that are firm and tightly closed. White varieties should be very pale with no spots. See a head that show signs of softness? Toss it!
Cauliflower gives the appearance of being one tough veggie. But in truth they’re extremely perishable. Keep your cauliflower tightly wrapped in the crisper drawer until you are ready to use it.
When you’re ready to whip up this roasted cauliflower recipe, don’t forget to devein the kale. Just fold the leaf in half so the spine part of the leaf is on the right or left. Starting at the thickest part, slowly pull the spine away from the leaf. Then you’re free to chop the kale for cooking.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with your favorite seasonings. Roasting vegetables with your favorite spices will really pull out all the flavors!
We love this dish because it’s easy enough to cook if you’re alone for the night, and delicious enough to serve to a house full of people.
Roasted Cauliflower and Kale Recipe
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 cup kale, deveined, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place kale, cauliflower and cherry tomatoes in a large bowl. Add salt and garlic powder. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil and toss to combine. Season with pepper to taste.
- Divide mixture between the two prepared baking sheets, leaving space between the veggies to avoid steaming in the oven.
- Bake uncovered 10 minutes then stir and bake an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and bake another 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and cauliflower is tender. Enjoy!