Who isn’t looking for a healthy and easy breakfast option these days? Luckily, our friend Kellie from The Kellie Kitchen has developed a recipe that will make the entire family eager to gobble down the most important meal of the day. Her ham and cheese muffins are a keto-friendly, on the go recipe that’s equally perfect for breakfast or with a bowl of soup.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Kellie Logsdon is the founder and creator of TheKellieKitchen.com, an online food blog specializing in low carb cooking and a ketogenic lifestyle. Kellie develops and shares recipes and her expertise for Low Carb Cooking and Ketogenic Lifestyle through her own journey to health.
After years of her own gut issues, yo-yo dieting and ill overall health Kellie went on to earn a Certification in Holistic Health and Nutrition. With trial and error, lots of cooking, and intense research, Kellie came upon the diet that changed her life forever – The Ketogenic and Intermittent Fasting Lifestyle Diet. Kellie finally figured out that weight loss and overall health are best managed with real food and less medicine.
Kellie shares her recipes and simple strategies on her blog for overall health (that no one was talking about when she was growing up) that are found in the kinds of foods we eat AND when we eat them. Kellie learned and perfected Low Carb lifestyle techniques and recipes using whole foods and clean products that brought her to her best health.
Kellie is on a tireless journey to create and share amazing Low Carb and Keto-friendly foods and tips with you using real food in a real kitchen. TheKellieKitchen.com is a place where you will learn to eat real foods that can help you feel better, lose weight, clear your brain, and give you more energy.
Ham and Cheese Muffins Recipe Tips
- Make a big batch and stick the extras in the freezer! These warm-up super well and are the perfect thing to have on hand.
- Kellie loves parchment paper liners to prevent the eggs from sticking to the paper. Grab some here.
- If you’re looking for a low-carb ham, Kellie prefers the Hillshire Farms brand.
- Want to switch up this recipe or make it vegetarian? Kellie suggests swapping out the ham for some red and green bell peppers. YUM!
Ham and Cheese Muffins Recipe
what you'll need
- 1/2 cup ham thin sliced and diced
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 4 eggs
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup water
let's do it
- Preheat the oven to 350* and line 12 muffin cups with parchment paper liners.
- In a large glass bowl sift together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt and garlic powder. Toss in one cup cheddar cheese and the chopped ham. Stir the flour mixture to combine with the ham and the cheddar cheese.
- To the flour mixture you will now add in the melted butter, cream, eggs and water. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients together to form a batter. The batter will be slightly thick as these are dense muffins.
- Divide batter evenly into the muffin tin. Sprinkle each muffin top with the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheddar.
- Bake for 30 minutes in 350* oven. Test with a toothpick to check for doneness as these muffins are quite dense and oven temperatures can vary slightly. If they need more time keep them in the oven for a few minutes longer.
- Remove and enjoy. These muffins are great hot out of the oven, but also keep well in an airtight bag or container in the fridge for a few days.
One Last Thing
Facebook Page: Facebook.com/TheKellieKitchen
Facebook Group: Facebook.com/groups/HealthyKetoInTheKellieKitchen