Skinny Butternut Soup Sippers
Soup served for sipping is so much fun–guests feel decadent sipping soup out of Champagne flutes, small bud vases, or even stemmed glassware.
We chose to serve skinny butternut soup sippers recipe for the vibrant color and sweet nutty flavor.
Butternut Soup Sippers Recipe
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Peel and seed the squash then cut into 1" chunks. Place in squash greased casserole dish.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until the squash is soft all the way through. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it’s translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in squash and chicken stock—bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Working in batches, purée squash mixture in a blender or food processor.
- Return blended squash to pot and place over medium heat. Stir in 1/2 tsp nutmeg then salt and pepper to taste. Return soup to a simmer just to re-heat. If the soup is too thick, add a bit more chicken stock or water.
- Mix together cinnamon and yogurt in a separate bowl.
- Serve soup garnished with a small dollop of the yogurt mixture on top.