One Pan Cajun Chicken Alfredo
We love our Cajun seasoning blends because they add an extra dimension to any chicken dish. This time around, we used this delectable spice to create our one pan Cajun chicken alfredo recipe.
Unlike many alfredo recipes out there, we really wanted our chicken to noodle ratio to play as equals—that’s why we used a whole two pounds of juicy chicken breasts diced into 1-inch pieces.
Worried that this one-pot-wonder might fall short on flavor? Leave all concerns behind; we cooked the noodles in low-sodium chicken broth and garlic then added the ingredients for the alfredo sauce. You’ll be shocked how easy it is to achieve full-bodied flavor using only one pan! Served with hearty chunks of chicken, this zesty Cajun chicken alfredo recipe will quickly become a family favorite!
One Pan Cajun Chicken Alfredo Recipe
- 2 lbs chicken breast, diced into 1" pieces
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning, plus more for sprinkling
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 16 oz package fettuccine, uncooked
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place a large high-sided skillet or medium-sized soup pot with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat and melt butter. Add diced chicken then sprinkle with Cajun seasoning.
- Cook 10–12 minutes, stirring frequently until chicken is nicely browned and cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate then cover with foil to keep warm and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat then add garlic. If necessary, add a bit more butter and cook garlic for about 30 seconds, just to soften, then pour in chicken broth. Add pasta, making sure it is completely submerged in liquid
- Stir pasta frequently to avoid sticking until liquid comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low then cover and cook about 10–12 minutes until pasta is tender but still firm, stirring occasionally. The pasta should absorb nearly all of the broth.
- Add half-and-half then allow it to heat up before adding cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is completely melted then stir in Parmesan cheese. Remove from heat then add tomatoes, green onions and reserved chicken and stir to combine.
- Replace the lid and allow dish to rest covered for 5 minutes to allow sauce to thicken and chicken to re-heat. Prior to serving, give pasta a good stir. Season to taste with salt and fresh black pepper. If the sauce gets a bit too thick, thin it with a touch of milk.