Everyone’s got a chocolate chip cookie recipe, but we think you’ll be sold on ours. It takes a bit of extra effort to grind oatmeal and chocolate into a fine powder but results in chewy chocolate chip cookies that are definitely a step above the rest.
You’ll know you’ve done your job if they look somewhat cracked when they are done baking. When you them out of the oven, firmly knock the baking sheet on the countertop so the cookies deflate slightly—this is the secret to a chewier cookie!
Get ready to pitch your other chocolate chip cookie recipes—this one is the keeper!
chewy chocolate chip cookies recipe
what you'll need
- 2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt heaping
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cup oatmeal ground to powder
- 4.4 oz milk chocolate bar ground to powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter with both sugars until light and fluffy. Then add eggs, vanilla and salt and blend completely.
- Measure oatmeal then reduce to a fine powder in blender or food processor. Break milk chocolate bar into pieces and add to food processor with oatmeal then pulse until ground to a powder.
- Mix flour, oatmeal, ground milk chocolate, baking soda and powder in a separate bowl. Add to butter mixture and mix until thoroughly incorporated. Add chocolate chips, mixing until evenly distributed.
- Roll batter into 1" balls and place 2" apart on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 8−10 minutes or until edges and peaks on top of cookies begin to brown slightly (cookies will start to have a crackled look).
- Remove from oven and carefully drop the baking sheet flat on to the countertop from a height of about 3”–this will deflate the cookies slightly and make a chewier cookie.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet 5 minutes then remove to cooling rack until completely cool and enjoy!!
One Last Thing