A proper skillet cookie is all about the texture. That bad boy better come out of the oven gooey and warm. The goo in the center is, like, 95% of the satisfaction and the temperature is crucial to deliver moderately-melted ice cream from fork to mouth. We’re not messing around.
You’re ready to rock in 45 minutes from start to finish with this recipe, which is basically what winning looks like. It’s fun to pass out the forks so everyone can enjoy dessert straight from the pan, and you’ll have saved yourself the trouble of scooping out, baking then serving individual cookies.
Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie Recipe
what you'll need
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
let's do it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees then coat a 10" oven-proof skillet with cooking spray. Cream butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together in a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing the first one completely before adding the next. Add salt and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift flour and baking soda over wet ingredients, stir until well combined then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture into prepared skillet and bake 25–30 minutes until golden brown. Remove the skillet from the oven and serve warm topped with your favorite garnish.
One Last Thing