Einkorn Spaghetti Squash Chicken Broccoli Casserole
What is einkorn flour?
Watch our video and find out.
Our spaghetti squash chicken casserole recipe is delicious, comforting and loaded with healthy broccoli and nutritious einkorn. It’s actually good for you! Indulge in a hearty dish without the extra guilt.
No einkorn flour? No worries. Just make our recipe for chicken broccoli casserole with rice using traditional all-purpose flour.
This recipe comes together in no time. With all of the time you save, making your own cheese sauce is an added bonus!
Our casserole recipe is great for using up leftover chicken. It’s a total snap to make if you happen to have extra chicken on hand.
Einkorn is helpful for those with gluten sensitivities or intolerances and not intended for those with celiac disease.
Einkorn Spaghetti Squash Chicken Broccoli Casserole Recipe
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose einkorn flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 cups cheese, shredded, such as sharp cheddar, Monterey Jack or Mexican blend
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cups spaghetti squash, cooked
- 4-5 cups broccoli, chopped small (1 small head)
- Place rack in center of oven then preheat to 350 degrees. Coat a 9" x 13" casserole dish with cooking spray then set aside. Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper then place chicken in prepared casserole dish. Cover chicken with parchment paper. This will help keep the chicken from drying out. Bake for 20–25. Remove from oven then set aside to cool slightly.
- Place large skillet with high sides over medium heat then melt butter. Add onions and ¼ tsp salt then cook for 3–4 minutes, until the onions become translucent.
- Add flour, stir until dissolved then cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk and stir until no lumps of flour remain. Stir in garlic powder and paprika then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low then simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add shredded cheese and Parmesan in increments, stirring after each addition until completely melted before adding the next. When the cheese is incorporated and the sauce is smooth, remove from heat then stir in the spaghetti squash and chopped broccoli.
- Transfer chicken breasts onto a cutting board then dice or shred into bite-sized pieces then fold chicken into broccoli-squash mixture. Chicken may be slightly undercooked at this point, but don’t worry, it will finish cooking in the oven. Remove any liquid from casserole dish then re-coat with cooking spray.
- Transfer mixture back into casserole dish then bake 35–45 minutes until hot and bubbly. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before serving.