Our cinnamon sugar pretzel bites recipe is the perfect balance of sweet and savory. What’s more, they’re ready to eat in 35 minutes from start to finish.
Store-bought pizza dough is the winning secret ingredient but if you’d like to make your pizza dough from scratch, we have a recipe for that too!
Once prepared, the warm and golden, chewy pretzel nuggets are dipped in melted butter then generously coated in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. It’s, like, the best idea ever!
Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites Recipe
what you'll need
- 2 qts water
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1 lb pizza dough store-bought
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
let's do it
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with non-stick spray then set aside.
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan or soup pot with a wide opening. If the water fills the pot over the halfway point, use a bigger pot. The water will bubble up quite a bit when you add baking soda. When the water boils, carefully add baking soda, stirring constantly to dissolve. Once it has dissolved, reduce heat to medium-low, keeping the water at a simmer.
- Cut pizza dough into 4 equal pieces, then roll each piece into a rope no thicker than ½" thick. Cut the ropes into 1½" long pieces. Repeat for the remainder of the dough.
- Working in 3 or 4 batches, drop dough pieces into the simmering water then gently stir to ensure they’re completely submerged in the water without sticking together. Allow dough to sit in the baking soda solution for about 30 seconds then remove using a slotted spoon. Don’t worry about drying them off completely—just allow most of the water to drain off. Place the pieces on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 14−16 minutes until nicely browned then remove from the oven. The cinnamon makes the bites look darker than usual so be sure to watch the cook time closely so they don't overcook!
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Dip each pretzel bite in melted butter then roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Transfer to a plate and serve!