Corn and Black Bean Salad
We intended to make this corn and black bean salad recipe as a salsa, but when it came out of the test kitchen, staffers couldn’t refrain from shoveling it in their mouths with a spoon! Hence—it became one our latest favorite salad (main course or side).
Of course, this does make for an amazing salsa, dip or side dish—but we’d be happy serving it with a side of grilled chicken and calling it a day. Add a side of veggies and you have a complete meal. Woohoo!
The possibilities are endless—if you’re on the go, combine this salad in a lettuce wrap or a tortilla with protein and veggies and just like that, your meal is mobile. Just don’t forget the hot sauce.
Corn and Black Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 12 oz bag corn kernels, frozen
- 1 15.5 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, packed, chopped
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- pepper, to taste
- Fill a small saucepan half full of water and bring to a boil over high heat. While you’re waiting for the water to boil, fill a medium-sized mixing bowl about half full of ice water then set it aside. When the water reaches a boil, add the corn and allow it to cook 1 minute.
- Drain the corn then immediately put the kernels into the bowl of ice water for 1 minute. Drain the corn well then place into a large mixing bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and toss well to combine. Cover with plastic wrap, chill in the fridge at least 45 minutes then serve nice and cold.