Protein Packed Homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup
Reese’s peanut butter cups are one of our all time favorite treats. And these homemade ones are even better than the original in our opinion. Plus they’re packed with protein to help keep you full and satisfied. These homemade Reese’s peanut butter cups are a fun and easy high protein dessert recipe that your family, friends, and coworkers are sure to love.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
To get the Reese’s peanut butter cup shape, you can use cupcake liners. Silicone ones peel off really well, but if you don’t have them the paper ones will work just fine. And, if you don’t have the paper liners, just line a cupcake tin with wax paper.
Homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Recipe Tips:
+ To make this an even more macro-friendly recipe and reduce the fat, you can substitute PBFit for the peanut butter. This is a delicious protein powder that tastes just like peanut butter when used in a recipe. Simply mix it with water and use the same amount of peanut butter that any recipe calls for.
+ You can also substitute dark chocolate chips here if you want to boost the health benefits of this recipe. It’s absolutely delicious!
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, or PBfit Powder
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Cupcake Liners
- Add the chocolate and coconut oil to a small bowl. Microwave in 20 second increments, stirring each time, until melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate into the bottom of 6 large or 8-10 small Reese's-size molds. Tilt the mold to spread the melted chocolate over the bottom and sides of the molds. Transfer to the freezer and let set for 10-15 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together the peanut butter, maple syrup, and protein powder until well combined.
- Remove the molds from the freezer and spread a spoonful or two of the peanut butter mixture into the chocolate-coated molds, smoothing the top as best as possible. Reheat the chocolate until melted again, then spoon the remaining chocolate on top of the peanut butter and smooth flat.
- Return the mold to the freezer and set until firm, about 5-10 more minutes. Remove and invert the Reese’s from the mold.