Protein Puppy Chow
Do you want a quick, easy, chocolatey dessert with a punch of protein? Then you really can’t beat this protein puppy chow recipe! We took the traditional mix and added in a big scoop of protein powder to help keep your macros on track. But trust us when we say this high protein dessert recipe is just as tasty as the original. In fact, we bet your friends and family won’t even be able to taste the difference!
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
So why even bother having protein in a dessert? Well, it can help you reach your overall daily protein intake goals. Many experts recommend having .75g to 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight each day. Adding some to your dessert is a great way to hit those goals. It can also help you feel more satisfied and full so you’re not reaching for another snack right away.
Protein Puppy Chow Recipe Tips:
+ If you’re tracking your macros and want less fat in this recipe, you can substitute PB2 powder in place for the peanut butter. This has the same great taste as peanut butter, but with a fraction of the calories and grams of fat. If you use this, make sure you mix the powder with water first so it has the same texture as peanut butter.
Protein Puppy Chow
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, or PB2 powder
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 5 cups rice chex
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Add the peanut butter, chocolate, and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until melted. Stir in the protein powder.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the rice chex and toss to combine and coat the chex.
- Working in batches if needed, add the chex to a plastic bag and sprinkle with the powdered sugar. Toss and shake until the chex is well coated with the powdered sugar.