Dot’s Pretzel Crusted Chicken with Homemade Ranch Dressing
Chicken tenders are a staple of the American diet (especially if you enjoy fast food). But why not skip the drive-thru, and make them at home? We’ve made the classic chicken tender a bit more interesting by creating a delicious pretzel crust featuring Dot’s Pretzels.
What makes a Dot’s pretzel different from a regular pretzel? Well, they feature a special seasoning with a buttery, garlicky, oniony flavor. Delicious! And, their pretzel rub combines the delicious flavors of this special seasoning that is perfect on chicken, steak, and fish. If you haven’t given Dot’s a try, we HIGHLY recommend it! (Grab yours here.) Of course, you could use regular pretzels in this recipe, but the flavor won’t be quite as interesting.
We’ve also created a delicious homemade ranch dressing recipe. This is perfect for serving with the chicken tenders, but also works on salads or with raw veggies. You’ll be surprised at just how easy this sauce is to make!
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
+ This recipe works best with a very thin chicken breast. Using the flat end of a meat tenderizer will help you get a thinner chicken breast that will cook more quickly and evenly. If you skip this step, you risk burning the pretzel crust while cooking the chicken. (Yes, we did figure this out the hard way!)
+ We use avocado oil for frying because it has a higher smoke point than olive oil. That means less spitting from the oil.
+ You can serve with any dipping sauce that suits you. We love the flavor of this homemade ranch dressing with the Dot’s Pretzels, but ketchup, mustard or an aioli dip would also be yummy.
Dot's Pretzel Crusted Chicken Recipe
Pretzel Crusted Chicken
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp green onions, chopped
Pretzel Crusted Chicken
- Place the chicken breast on a cutting board and cover with plastic wrap. Pound the breast with the flat side of a meat tenderizer until it is about 1/2" thick. This will help the chicken cook faster and more evenly.
- Slice the thinned chicken breast into tender-sized pieces. Coat with Dot's Pretzel rub if using. This will just enhance the flavor of the pretzel crust.
- Fill 3 bowls - one with flour, one with egg, and one with pretzel crumbles. Season the egg and flour with salt and pepper to taste.
- Move the chicken breasts from the flour to the egg to the pretzels.
- Add avocado oil to a fry pan and begin to heat. The oil will be ready when bubbles start to form around the end of a wooden spoon. Get a plate ready, lined with paper towels to drain.
- Fry chicken for about 4 minutes per side, until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Cover the pan with a splatter screen while chicken cooks to prevent oil from spitting up. Place on paper towel lined plate to rest for about 2 minutes.
- While the chicken is frying, mix together the ingredients for the ranch dressing in a small bowl.
- Store any leftover dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
This post does include affiliate links, which means if you buy the product, Everyday Dishes receives a commission. This helps us keep the site up and running, so THANK YOU! And, we promise, we’ll only feature products we’ve personally tested out and absolutely love.