Whole 30 Veggie Stir Fry
Most of us want to eat healthier, especially at the beginning of a new year. It’s a good time to reset and refocus, especially after indulging in all the holiday treats. One of the most popular types of diet resets is the Whole 30 program. Many of our team members have tried it and loved the results. We’re sharing a few Whole 30 compliant recipes to help you if you decide to try this program. However, even if you aren’t doing it, we think you’ll still really enjoy these healthy and easy meals!
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
What is Whole 30?
Whole 30 is a diet type that focuses on eliminating common foods for a 30 day period and then slowly reintroducing these to see how your body reacts.
“The Whole30 has been changing lives since 2009, when co-founder Melissa Hartwig Urban blogged about a 30-day dietary experiment that transformed her health, habits, and emotional relationship with food.
Since then, millions of people have changed their lives with the Whole30 program; eliminating cravings, improving energy and sleep, reporting an improvement in allergies, anxiety, chronic pain, digestive issues, skin conditions; and losing weight healthfully and sustainably.”
There are some simple Do’s and Don’ts for the Whole 30. Check them out here!
And, if you want to learn more about how the Whole 30 program was created and why certain foods are eliminated, check out the book “It Starts With Food”. Grab your copy here!
- Think of this as less of recipe and more of a general guideline for how to make a delicious stir fry! You can switch up the veggies for whatever is in season and tweak the seasonings for a slightly different taste every time.
- If you aren’t doing Whole 30, you can serve this stir fry over rice for a delicious bowl. Or, to stay compliant, just use cauliflower rice.
- You can also add your protein of choice to this recipe. Chicken, tofu, and skirt steak would all be delicious!
Veggie Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 carrots
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 zucchini
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 tsp Sambal Oelek, (chili paste)
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- Wash and chop all produce. Mince garlic.
- Heat avocado oil to a large pan or wok.
- Add in potatoes. Cook about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add onion and cook until translucent
- Add in the rest of the veggies and garlic. Cook until soft.
- Add in chili paste and coat veggies.
- Add in coconut aminos and simmer until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Enjoy on its own, over cauliflower rice or with your protein of choice!