Easy Cheeseburger Pie
It’s cheeseburger night for the entire family—you don’t even have to fire up the grill. Our easy cheeseburger pie is pure comfort food and a main meal that’ll earn you the kudos you deserve.
This recipe is fast, easy and tasty. Making modifications to adhere to your taste buds is a breeze! Experiment with fun twists by adding bacon or mushrooms and Swiss cheese—you get the idea.
This savory pie is good enough to serve alone or with all of your favorite cheeseburger toppings like sliced tomatoes, fresh lettuce, pickles, ketchup and mustard. Yum!
Make cheeseburger pie using einkorn flour!
Easy Cheeseburger Pie Recipe
It’s cheeseburger night! Forget the grill. Our easy cheeseburger pie is pure comfort food and a main meal that’ll earn you the kudos you deserve.
Yield: 8 -10 servings
- 1 pie pan, deep dish, coated with non-stick cooking spray
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp beef bouillon, 2 small beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and onion in skillet over medium-high heat. Drain ground beef mixture very well and return skillet to low heat. Stir beef bouillon cubes into beef mixture until dissolved then remove from heat. Stir 1 cup cheese into beef mixture and reserve remaining 1 cup of cheese for topping. Transfer beef mixture to pie dish, set aside.
- Pour milk into medium mixing bowl and begin whisking. Slowly sprinkle flour over milk while whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Add onion powder and salt to milk mixture and mix thoroughly. Whisk in beaten eggs until thoroughly combined. Pour milk mixture over beef.
- Bake 25−30 minutes until dark golden brown.
- Top with remaining cheese and return to oven for additional 3−5 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Serve with all of your favorite cheeseburger toppings!
This is a great recipe for when it’s too hot or too cold to fire up the grill. This one-dish wonder makes cleanup a breeze!
Calories: 387kcal, Carbohydrates: 8g, Protein: 29g, Fat: 26g, Saturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g, Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Trans Fat: 0.4g, Cholesterol: 143mg, Sodium: 585mg, Potassium: 315mg, Fiber: 0.4g, Sugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!