Contrary to popular belief, pumpkin is not just a fall treat—this versatile, sweet-tasting veggie is an ingredient to be savored all year round. We prefer to enjoy it as dessert during all four seasons! Our pumpkin parfait recipe is easy and no-bake, so you won’t even need the oven!
With simple ingredients like honey graham crackers, vanilla pudding and pumpkin purée you can easily prepare a dessert that’ll yield ooh’s and ahh’s from everyone around the table.
We served them in small glassware so no one feels guilty about indulging! You can even save a few calories by skipping the cream cheese layer. Besides, once you tell everyone that pumpkin is a superfood—a great source of vitamin A and fiber—they’ll be asking for seconds and thirds!
Pumpkin Parfait Recipe
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 16 oz cream cheese, divided
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup whipped cream, plus additional for garnish, dairy or dairy-free
- 2/3 cup milk
- 8 oz can pumpkin purée
- 3.4 oz package instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, additional for garnish
- To make the crust, melt butter in a microwave safe bowl then pour into a small mixing bowl. Stir in graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon until blended. Set aside.
- To make the cream cheese layer, beat 8 oz cream cheese, milk and sugar until smooth then add 1 cup prepared whipped cream and stir until blended. Set aside.
- To make the pumpkin layer, whisk together milk, pumpkin purée, pudding, 8 oz cream cheese, pie spice and cinnamon for 2 minutes and until well combined.
- To assemble parfaits, place 1 Tbsp of graham cracker mixture to each glass and press down into bottom to create bottom crust. Add 1 Tbsp cream cheese mixture to top of graham cracker crust. Add 1 Tbsp of the pumpkin mixture next then top with a dollop of whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon.
Pumpkin is packed with Beta Carotene and can be used as a replacement for butter, eggs or oil to reduce calories.