What is einkorn flour?
Watch our video and find out.
It’s cheeseburger night for the entire family and you don’t even have to fire up the grill. Our easy cheeseburger pie recipe is pure comfort food and a main meal that’ll earn you the kudos you deserve.
It’s made with einkorn flour for its awesome flavor or anyone who has wheat sensitivities, but if you don’t have einkorn flour, you can also make our cheeseburger pie using traditional all-purpose flour.
This recipe comes together quickly with our easy-to-follow directions. Making modifications to adhere to your taste buds is simple! Experiment with fun twists like bacon cheeseburger pie or mushroom Swiss—you get the idea.
This cheeseburger pie is good enough to serve alone or with all of your favorite cheeseburger toppings like sliced tomatoes, fresh lettuce, pickles, ketchup and mustard. It’s a winning weeknight meal and a homerun at the potluck!
Einkorn is helpful for those with gluten sensitivities or intolerances and not intended for those with celiac disease.
Einkorn Cheeseburger Pie Recipe
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp beef bouillon, 2 small beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose einkorn flour, 2.25 oz
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9” pie dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Brown ground beef with onion and bouillon in skillet over medium-high heat. Drain and then return to skillet.
- Add 1½ cups cheese into beef mixture, reserving remaining ½ cup of cheese for topping.
- Transfer beef mixture to prepared pie dish. Set aside.
- Pour milk into medium mixing bowl and begin whisking. Slowly sprinkle flour over milk while whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Add onion powder and salt to milk mixture and mix thoroughly then whisk in beaten eggs until thoroughly combined. NOTE: We strongly recommend you weigh your einkorn flour, if possible, for better accuracy. If you don’t have a scale, fluff the flour with a fork before you measure it in a cup.
- Pour milk mixture over beef and bake 25-30 minutes or until dark golden brown.
- Top with remaining cheese and return to oven for additional 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes. Serve with all of your favorite cheeseburger toppings!
Try serving this dish with potato or pasta salad to play up the vibe of a backyard barbecue.