What is einkorn flour?
Watch our video and find out.
Homemade pizza is a welcome treat, so why not try some different toppings? Our chicken sausage pizza recipe with fresh arugula on top is a little unique but with flavor even the kids will enjoy. No einkorn flour? No worries! Make this delicious pizza using traditional all-purpose flour pizza dough.
With the ever-growing popularity of chicken sausage, you can easily find flavored varieties such as roasted garlic, sweet or spicy Italian, smoked apple and even spicy jalapeño!
If you’re scratching your dome over the arugula topping, don’t! It brings a bright freshness to the overall flavor, which won us over immediately. In addition, it helps to fill you up so the craving for pizza is more than satisfying.
Einkorn is helpful for those with gluten sensitivities or intolerances and not intended for those with celiac disease.
Einkorn Chicken Sausage and Arugula Pizza Recipe
what you'll need
- 6 6 oz balls of einkorn pizza dough recipe
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 6 links chicken sausage cooked, 8–12 oz
- 4 1/2 cups low-moisture mozzarella cheese shredded
- dried oregano
- baby arugula
let's do it
- Preheat a pizza stone in the oven to 500 degrees.
- Shape the dough to the size you like. Sprinkle cornmeal on a rimless cookie sheet. Transfer the shaped dough to the cookie sheet. Jiggle the pan a bit to make sure the dough is ‘floating’ on the cornmeal and not stuck to the pan. Dimple the dough with your fingertips.
- Spoon the pizza sauce onto the dough and spread to the edge, leaving ½" border all the way around. Top with the chicken sausage and shredded mozzarella cheese, spacing everything evenly.
- Take the cookie sheet to the oven and slide the pizza off the pan onto the pizza stone. Bake for 8–9 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with dried oregano and top with a handful of baby arugula. Cut into wedges and serve.
One Last Thing