White wine and pesto sauce add a fresh flavor to traditional halibut. Grill them up and serve as steaks or just make them an appetizer. Either way, this grilled halibut with pesto sauce is an all around win!
This healthy dish is so simple to make and super yummy. Don’t feel obligated to make fresh pesto sauce If you’re pressed for time. Just pick up of a jar of fresh pesto at the grocery store instead of making it homemade.
This main course complements just about any side dish imaginable because it is so versatile. But we suggest serving these beautiful pieces of seafood with a microgreens salad with lime vinaigrette and buttery melting potatoes. Yum!
Grilled Halibut with Pesto Sauce Recipe
what you'll need
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 halibut steaks
- salt and pepper to taste
let's do it
- To make pesto, combine basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, olive oil and pine nuts in a food processor and mix until smooth. Reserve a ¼ cup for later use.
- Combine white wine and prepared pesto in a sealed bag and carefully shake to mix. Add halibut steaks. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Remove halibut from marinade and place on hot grill, drizzling fish with remaining marinade in bag. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Grill 4-5 minutes per side (fish is done when it's opaque all the way through).
- Brush steaks with reserved ¼ cup of pesto sauce and serve!