Einkorn Pecan Pie
What is einkorn flour?
Watch our video and find out.
Sweet, nutty and utterly irresistible, this pecan pie recipe is the perfect dessert for fall. We love the texture and consistency of this recipe because you can pick it up and eat it with your hands—just distribute the slices with a nice napkin instead of dirtying up more dishes.
Now, even people with wheat sensitivities can enjoy pecan pie during the holidays (or anytime of year, really) because we’ve developed this delicious dessert using einkorn flour. Don’t have einkorn flour? No worries—you can also make a pecan tart using traditional all-purpose flour.
Keep the delectable pie crust dough of this recipe fork-tender by rolling it out between two pieces of wax paper. This will prevent those unsightly tears and will aid in transferring the finished product from your work surface to your pie plate.
Einkorn is helpful for those with gluten sensitivities or intolerances and not intended for those with celiac disease.
Einkorn Pecan Pie Recipe
- Prepare the pie crust according to directions.
- Roll the pie dough out until you have a diameter roughly 2" wider than the pie pan. Transport the dough to the pan by rolling it up on a rolling pin. Unroll the dough into the pie pan.
- Ease the dough into the corners of the pan. Trim excess dough from the edges using a butter knife and place the pie pan in the refrigerator until the filling is prepared.
- Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat to 325 degrees. To prepare the pecan filling, whisk the eggs in a medium-sized mixing bowl until they’re well-beaten but not foamy.
- Add the sugar, light and dark corn syrup and melted butter, stirring until thoroughly combined. Add salt and vanilla then mix in the pecans.
- Grab the pie pan from the refrigerator then place it on a baking sheet. Pour the pecan filling into the pan then bake for 50-60 minutes, until the filling is set in the center and the crust is light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven then allow to cool to room temperature. Slice, serve and enjoy!