Sweet, nutty and utterly irresistible, this pecan tart recipe is the perfect dessert for fall. We love the texture and consistency of this recipe because you can pick it up and eat it with your hands—just distribute the slices with a nice napkin instead of dirtying up more dishes.
Keep the delectable pie crust dough of this recipe fork-tender by rolling it out between two pieces of wax paper. This will prevent those unsightly tears and will aid in transferring the finished product from your work surface to your pie plate.
Pecan Pie Tart Recipe
what you'll need
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup 1/4 light and 1/4 dark
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 dash salt
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans coarsely chopped or whole
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil blend of vegetable and canola – no corn oil
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk eggs together then add sugar and syrup, stirring until thoroughly combined.
- Add melted butter after it has cooled then add salt and vanilla. Add pecans last. Stir well and set aside.
- Mix flour, water and oil until blended, let sit a few minutes at room temperature.
- Roll dough between 2 sheets of wax paper to size needed for tart pan. Use wax paper or spatula to press into tart pan (to avoid over handling dough).
- Pour pecan filling into tart pan and bake 55 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
One Last Thing