One Pan Garlic Butter Shrimp Video
Our garlic butter shrimp with quinoa cooks in one pot, is easy to make and tastes amazing!
It will only take you 20 minutes to prep and even less if you pick up a frozen bag of raw shrimp that have already been peeled!
Make sure you use a 10″ skillet for even cooking and a tight-fitting lid. Enjoy!
One Pan Garlic Butter Shrimp and Quinoa Recipe
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb shrimp, raw, tail-on, deveined
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, (optional but this is not much heat and adds great flavor)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lemon
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- wedges lemon, for serving
- Place a large 4–5-qt saucepan over medium heat. Melt 3 Tbsp of butter completely then add onion and celery. Cook for 3–4 minutes, until onion has begun to soften. Add garlic and let bloom for 30 seconds.
- Add uncooked quinoa then stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute, toasting the quinoa, then pour in chicken broth. Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat to low then add oregano, thyme, paprika, tomato paste and salt. Stir to combine, then cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- After quinoa has simmered for 15 minutes, remove lid then stir. Add shrimp, then arrange on top of the quinoa. The shrimp will probably cover the entire top of the dish, so you may have to nestle a few of them into the mixture. Replace lid then allow shrimp to simmer for 3–4 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove lid and test quinoa for doneness. You’ll know quinoa is done when it’s completely soft but still ‘pops’ a bit when eaten and about half the beads have opened into little spirals. The quinoa should have absorbed nearly all of the liquid at this point, but it will continue to absorb moisture as it sits.
- Remove skillet from heat. Stir garlic powder and red pepper flakes into reserved melted butter then drizzle over shrimp. Spritz the top with juice from ½ a lemon and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately with extra lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy!