Hash Brown Casserole
This hash brown casserole is our favorite ‘go-to’ dish when it comes to comfort food. Green onions and sharp cheddar give this creamy, soup-based dish that extra kick and once you’ve served it everyone will be begging you to make it again!
Bonus: This recipe is so straightforward the kids could throw it together for you in 15 minutes. Defrosting a bag of hash browns in the microwave makes it really easy to get started and cuts down on the baking time too. Although it goes especially well with glazed ham or roast beef, there’s no need to save it for special occasions—it’s an excellent side for just about any meal!
Although our recipe makes a large casserole (enough for 10−12 servings) and it’s great for potlucks, don’t count on there being any leftovers when making it just for the family.
Let us know if this #EverydayDishes favorite makes it to the top of your list!
hash brown casserole recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 13" x 9" or 10" x 10" casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients (except the additional cheese for sprinkling) until well combined. Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish.
- Cover the casserole with aluminum foil and seal tightly. Bake for 45−50 minutes until the center is hot and the edges have begun to brown.
- Remove from the oven, uncover and sprinkle a bit more cheese over the top. Use the heat of the casserole to melt the cheese or just pop it back into the oven for 2 minutes.
- Allow the casserole to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.