Use up leftover quinoa in this recipe for yummy and gluten-free jalapeno pepper jack quinoa bites!
These quinoa bites are another one of our favorite healthy side dishes and snacks! Quinoa is one of the most protein-rich foods you can eat. It’s packed with fiber, iron and essential amino acids.
They are delicious served warm or at room temperature and they are so easy! Just stir the handful of ingredients together, pour into a baking dish, pop it into the oven for 30 minutes, and you’re ready to enjoy!
Watch our video on how to make quinoa!
Jalapeno Pepper Jack Quinoa Bites Recipe
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeded if desired and minced
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, grated, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place rack in the center of the oven, preheat to 400 degrees then coat a 2-qt casserole dish or an 8" x 8" baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place quinoa into a large mixing bowl then combine with remaining ingredients. Mix until completely and uniformly integrated.
- Pour quinoa mixture into prepared dish and bake for 25–30 minutes or until golden brown on top and firm in the middle. Sprinkle top with a little bit of additional cheese, if desired, and allow it to cool for about 10 minutes to set.
- Cut into desired shapes and sizes and serve as a side dish or a snack with all of your favorite dipping sauces, such as chipotle dipping sauce or ranch dressing.
Remove the jalapeno seeds for a milder bite!