Chicken Spread with Roasted Vegetables
Our chicken spread with roasted vegetables is totally versatile—layer it onto your favorite crostini or use it as a dip for crackers and fresh vegetables. The ingredients come together in just a few simple steps.
Roasting the veggies gives the spread a more robust flavor. We removed the seeds from the zucchini before roasting because they contain a lot of water.
Give your spread plenty of time to chill before serving. This allows for the veggies, herbs and seasonings to permeate and flavor the entire dish.
To make this recipe more macro-friendly, just use fat free cream cheese.
Step this dip recipe up a notch by serving it in a homemade bread bowl!
Chicken Spread Recipe
- 1 small zucchini
- 2 cups broccoli, florets
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced large
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced large
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 8 oz cream cheese, or light cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp lemon juice, or red wine vinegar
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove ends from zucchini and cut in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to remove all seeds from the center, chop into ¾” pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. Add broccoli florets, onion, bell pepper and whole garlic cloves, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Spread vegetables evenly on a large rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Roast 18–22 minutes until softened and brown around the edges.
- Stir together cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, basil and lemon juice or red wine vinegar in a large bowl. Place cooked chicken into food processor and pulse until very finely chopped. Combine with cream cheese mixture and set aside.
- Remove veggies from oven and cool slightly, then add to food processor and pulse to desired consistency. Remember, you want to leave some texture to the veggies, but they still need to be spreadable.
- Fold chopped vegetables into chicken mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to serving so that it is easily spreadable. Enjoy with crackers, crostini or even fresh vegetables.