Sometimes it’s good to switch things up in the flavor department! You’ll love our new maple marinated steak recipe to make at your next BBQ or picnic. There’s just a slight sweetness to this recipe that adds zest but isn’t overwhelming.
The marinade calls for pure maple syrup, not pancake syrup. Pancake syrup is mostly sugar and artificial flavoring. You want the real deal for this yummy steak—trust us! It’s all about the flavor and not the sugar.
Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar and minced garlic make the recipe more savory than sweet. It’s really the most perfect balance!
Maple Marinated Steak Recipe
- 2 lbs sirloin steak, or tenderloin steak
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- salt and pepper
- Trim steaks of any excess fat or silverskin and place in a medium-sized bowl or a resealable plastic bag. Blend Worcestershire, red wine vinegar, maple syrup, garlic and ½ tsp pepper in a small bowl then pour over steaks. Stir or toss to coat steaks in marinade and allow to sit at room temperature about 30 minutes or in refrigerator for up to 4 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high, remove steaks from marinade and pat dry. Brush each steak with oil and season both sides with salt and pepper. Place on grill and cook 3 minutes per side for medium-rare or until steaks reach desired level of doneness.
- Remove steaks from grill. Allow steak to rest on a plate, uncovered, for 5–10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Serve this steak with our easy grilled artichokes!