Use this amazing brownie recipe, or your favorite boxed mix, to make a decadent dessert everyone will love! Our peanut butter cup brownies include a time-honored combination of peanut butter and chocolate—only we’ve super-sized the flavor with this gooey, creamy sweet treat.
The key to perfecting this recipe is filling the muffin tins just slightly less than half-full with brownie batter. This will give you enough space to incorporate the peanut butter filling, semi-sweet chocolate and peanut butter chips. The results are mouthwatering!
You will need a napkin and a large, ice-cold glass of milk to enjoy properly. It’s reminiscent of your beloved peanut butter cup candy bar—only so much better.
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies Recipe
what you'll need
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
let's do it
- Place rack in the center of oven then preheat to 350 degrees. Coat muffin tin with non-stick baking spray or arrange cupcake liners then set aside.
- Add melted butter to a medium-sized mixing bowl then stir in sugar. Add eggs and vanilla then mix until completely incorporated.
- Sift cocoa, flour, salt and baking soda into bowl containing the wet ingredients then fold until completely combined.
- Divide batter equally into each muffin cup, filling each one slightly less than ½ full. Bake 12–14 minutes or until barely done or even slightly underdone in the center. Remove from oven then let cool for 5 minutes.
- While brownies cool, stir together peanut butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Use the handle of a wooden spoon to press a 1" round indentation into the center of each brownie. The indentation should be just big enough to hold about 1 tsp of the peanut butter mixture.
- Fill each indentation with an equal amount (about 1 generous tsp) of peanut butter filling. Sprinkle the top of the brownie with semi-sweet and peanut butter chips and return to the oven for about 2 minutes, just to melt the chips a bit. Don’t worry if you’ve turned the oven off, it just needs to be warm.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before removing from the pan.