Pineapple Coffee Cake
This isn’t your mama’s traditional coffee cake recipe. In fact, you better hurry up and grab a piece once it’s on the table because it won’t last long! Our pineapple coffee cake is sometimes referred to as ‘the cake that won’t last’. It contains crushed pineapple, cinnamon and bananas for an exceptional, unique taste.
Our recipe calls for walnuts, but pecans or sliced almonds are also great choices. The baking time will vary depending on the type of cake pan you choose. Therefore, start testing for doneness at the 30-minute mark. Remove cake when crumbs attach to a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake.
Serve a yummy slice or two for breakfast or dessert. Paired with a piping hot cup of coffee or an after-dinner dessert, it’s a winning combination. We can’t wait for you to give it a try!
Pineapple Coffee Cake Recipe
- First, preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9" x 13" cake pan with non-stick cooking spray then set aside.
- Mix—don’t beat—the first 7 ingredients until well blended.
- Next, sift flour and baking soda into the bowl and fold gently until completely incorporated. Add bananas and nuts then stir just until combined.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake 45 minutes before testing for doneness. When the center is firm and a cake tester comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, you’ll know it is done, about 50-55 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool completely then slice and serve with a generous dusting of powdered sugar. Enjoy!