Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes
It only takes a few ingredients to give our quick and easy roasted asparagus and tomatoes recipe its superb flavor.
A pairing of these two veggies may seem unlikely at first but this side dish proves otherwise. The key is to select the correct ingredients and use them wisely.
Just a pinch of sugar will bring out the sweetness of the tomatoes and temper the slight bitterness usually associated with asparagus. Who knew?
Oil and vinegar are common fare for coating vegetables when roasting, but there’s nothing common about balsamic or champagne vinegar. It gives it a slight richness that still maintains a light flavor perfect for spring and summer.
Asparagus and Tomatoes Recipe
It takes only a few select ingredients to create an amazing side of roasted asparagus and tomatoes.
Yield: 4 -6 servings
- 1 lb asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2"–3" pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar, or champagne vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 13" x 9" baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place asparagus, tomatoes and garlic into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar then toss to coat. Sprinkle with sugar, salt and pepper then transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Roast 16–22 minutes, depending upon thickness of asparagus and desired tenderness—toss veggies once or twice while roasting for even cooking. Check doneness. Remove from oven, transfer to serving dish and enjoy!
Watch your cook time! Thinner asparagus take less time whereas thick ones like ours take a bit longer.
Calories: 74kcal, Carbohydrates: 8g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Sodium: 293mg, Potassium: 97mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 4g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!