Butternut Squash and Kale
Butternut squash and kale are yummy year-round, but they’re at their peak in the fall and winter months. We’ve whipped up the most delicious roasted butternut squash and kale recipe to compliment the season’s best veggies.
This side dish is a breeze to prepare, making it easy to focus on other things like the main course and your guests! All you need is one medium butternut squash, kale and some simple seasonings. Be sure to flip the squash halfway through the roasting process and remove from the oven once the timer has dinged.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and slivered almonds just before serving. This will quickly turn into a family favorite!
Butternut Squash and Kale Recipe
Whip up this delicious recipe for roasted butternut squash and kale to complement the season’s best and brightest vegetables.
Yield: 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut squash into 1" pieces and place on baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over squash, toss to coat. Sprinkle with cinnamon, clove, allspice, salt and pepper.
- Roast squash 25 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking. When squash is done cooking, remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat large skillet on medium flame; add small amount of oil or water to pan. Add kale and garlic, sauté 4-6 minutes or until tender.
- Add squash to skillet, toss all ingredients together.
- Put in serving bowl, sprinkle with almonds and Parmesan and enjoy!
Have leftovers? Heat them up and add some fried eggs on top. Delish!
Calories: 100kcal, Carbohydrates: 7g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 3mg, Sodium: 86mg, Potassium: 107mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!