You’ve just come home from picking up the kids from their sporting activities and they’re starving! What can you throw together that’s easy to make, quick to cook and deliciously healthy—all at the same time Our sautéed chicken with veggies recipe is the perfect choice—and you do it all in just one pan!
You can prepare this dish for your cooktop in the time it takes for the kids to unload their book bags and wash up for dinner. Start by cutting boneless skinless chicken breasts into bite-sized cubes, dice an onion, slice a couple carrots and chop a cup of squash.
If you really want to be ahead of the game, these items can easily be prepped first thing in the morning or right before picking up the kids. Just bag them up separately and throw them in the fridge until you’re ready.
This dish is sure to satisfy the kids’ hunger pains and you’ll have only one pan to clean up—it’s a winner all the way around!
Sautéed Chicken with Veggies Recipe
what you'll need
- 2 - 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 medium carrots sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz spaghetti broken into small pieces, 1 1/2 − 2 inches
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated, plus additional for garnish
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup squash (zucchini, yellow etc.) cubed
let's do it
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken onion, carrots and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken broth and pasta noodles; stir to combine and submerge noodles in broth. Cover with tight fitting lid, reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes
- Uncover skillet; stir in Parmesan and add broccoli and squash (if liquid has been absorbed add small amount of water or broth). Cover and simmer an additional 5 minutes or until vegetables have reached desired tenderness.
- Uncover skillet, sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.