This air fryer potatoes recipe is the perfect side to any weeknight dinner. They’re quick to season and throw into the air fryer, resulting in perfectly crispy potatoes in less than 25 minutes! Heck yes! The best part is the quick and easy homemade vegan pesto sauce that pairs perfectly with the potatoes and can easily be repurposed for other meals. Serve these potatoes with a quality protein accompanied by veggies for a complete, nutrient-dense meal.
Vegan and Whole 30 Approved Pesto Sauce
Normally, pesto sauce is made with a lot of parmesan cheese making it a no-go for those following a vegan diet or participating in a Whole 30 program. However, this version is made with nutritional yeast making it a perfect fit for those who aren’t eating dairy.
Nutritional yeast has become a popular swap for achieving that cheesy flavor without any dairy whatsoever! Bonus – there’s a lot of health benefits including the fact that it’s a great source of protein, B vitamins, and trace minerals. All of this helps boosts your energy, support your immune system, and improve nail, hair, and skin health. That’s a win in our book.
Drizzle this pesto sauce over these crispy air fryer potato wedges, and then use the leftovers on chicken, steak, rice or veggies. It’s such a versatile sauce that elevates any meal. Check out a few of our favorite pesto recipes here.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Air Fryer Potatoes Recipe Tips:
- Add whatever seasonings you want to spice up these potatoes. Garlic salt, paprika, and rosemary are all delicious.
- Store both the pesto and the potatoes in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To reheat the potatoes, put them in the air fryer at 425 degrees for about 5 minutes.
Air Fryer Potatoes with Vegan Pesto Recipe
- Air Fryer
- Food Processor or Blender
what you'll need
let's do it
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the avocado oil and a pinch of salt and pepper until completely coated.
- Spread onto the air fryer sheet evenly. Cook the potatoes in the air fryer at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes until tender and slightly charred.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, add the basil, olive oil, garlic cloves, lemon, nutritional yeast, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Pulse until the basil is completely broken down into small pieces and you have a pesto sauce.
- Serve the potatoes with the pesto drizzled over the top.
One Last Thing