Quick & Easy Vegan Dinner Rolls
We know making homemade bread can be a daunting task for some. And it gets even more complicated when you try to swap out “traditional” ingredients for their plant-based counterparts. But, don’t worry, we have you covered now with this recipe for homemade vegan dinner rolls – quick and easy style! In fact, most of the work here is done by the dough. You just have to bring the ingredients together and do a little kneading. We promise you can do it!
This recipe is made with only 6 ingredients, takes 15 minutes to prep, and requires minimal clean up time – we’d say that’s a win. These vegan dinner rolls are perfect for holiday hosting and will keep guests coming back for more. They’re slightly sweet and are the perfect combination of soft and chewy. Top with a slab of vegan butter and you’ll have entered vegan heaven!
Even those at your dinner party who don’t follow a vegan diet are sure to love these rolls – in fact, you don’t even need to tell them they’re vegan! (We won’t!)
Vegan Dinner Rolls Recipe Tips
- Use ¼ cup sugar for a less sweet version of these rolls.
- Serve with vegan butter of choice.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Vegan Dinner Rolls Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for kneading
- 1.5 cups unsweetened dairy-free milk, (we used almond milk)
- 1/2 cup vegan cane sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, melted & divided
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, heat the dairy-free milk up until just before simmering. You don’t want it scorching hot, but also not too cold. Do not bring to a boil. Add the sugar and stir. Add the instant yeast and allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes for the yeast to begin blooming.
- During the 5 minutes, prep the flour. Put 3 cups of flour in a large bowl and add the salt. Mix to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and add the liquid mixture. Mix until a dough ball forms and pour the dough ball onto a floured surface.
- Knead the dough by hand for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with flour as you knead if needed - you want a smooth dough, not sticky.
- Once the dough is kneaded, grease a glass bowl lightly with olive oil, place the dough ball in the center of the bowl, cover, and let rise for 1 hour. The dough should double in size.
- After the hour is up, punch the dough ball and divide into 12 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and place each ball in a greased 8x12 inch pan. Cover and let rise for another 30 minutes.
- While the dough rises a second time, preheat the oven to 375°. Once the 30 minutes is up and the oven is ready, brush ½ of the melted butter mixture over the top of the rolls. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the tops are golden brown. Brush the rest of the butter mixture immediately after they come out of the oven.