What is einkorn flour?
Watch our video and find out.
Dark bananas and a little Greek yogurt are the secret to preparing our super moist einkorn banana bread. This recipe yields two good-sized loaves so you’ll have plenty to share with your tribe (and hopefully enough left over for later!).
Our banana bread is a wonderful hostess gift and keeps wonderfully in the freezer so you can enjoy a slice or two on demand. If you opt for the freezer, wrap the loaves in parchment paper then place in a re-sealable plastic bag.
If you’re still unsure about einkorn, watch this video to better understand why this ancient grain is so good for you. If you’re not quite ready to get on the einkorn bandwagon, try our recipe for traditional super moist banana bread.
Super Moist Einkorn Banana Bread Recipe
what you'll need
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose einkorn flour 15.75 oz
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 bananas mashed
- 1/3 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted, (1 ½ sticks)
- 2/3 cup water warm
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs plus 1 egg white
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two loaf pans by spraying with cooking spray. Place parchment in each pan so it sticks up over each long side. These will be your ‘handles’ to pull out the loaf when cooled. Press parchment to stick to sides of pan and spray again. Set aside.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Mix mashed bananas, yogurt, butter, warm water, and vanilla in large bowl. Add eggs and egg white one at a time to banana mixture, stirring continuously. Add sugar and mix well by hand. Do not use a mixer!
- Add dry ingredients 1 cup at a time, stirring continuously.
- Pour mixed ingredients into two prepared pans and sprinkle chopped walnuts over top of each loaf. Bake 50–55 minutes. Remove from oven when a few crumbs still cling to a tester. Let cool in pan 10 minutes before removing loaves to a cooling rack.
One Last Thing