Now here’s a burger to sink your teeth into! This quick and easy southwest salsa burger recipe is made with your favorite fresh salsa, some jalapeño for spice and shredded Mexican cheese.
It’s nice to have simple tricks to modify traditional favorites. A boring burger is now a juicy, mouthwatering feast by adding a few inexpensive ingredients. You can even throw some sliced avocado on top if you’re feeling wild.
Serve tortilla chips or crispy baked French fries on the side to make it a complete meal, or even a side of corn and black bean salad if you want to try and keep it light. Either way, your backyard barbecue is transformed into a grand fiesta!
Spicy Salsa Burger Video
what you'll need
- slices Monterey Jack cheese
- hamburger buns
- Thousand Island dressing
let's do it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees then coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and set it aside.
- Mix all burger patty ingredients in a large bowl until completely combined.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions, roll each portion into a ball then place on the prepared baking sheet. Press the balls flat and make a small indentation in the center of each ball to help keep them flat during cooking.
- Place the baking sheet on the center rack of the oven and bake the patties for 25 minutes.
- Place a cheese slice on each patty then put back in the oven for 3 more minutes to melt the cheese.
- Allow the patties to rest at room temperature for 5 minutes before placing them on the buns. Garnish your burgers with any of your favorite toppings and enjoy.