Lavender and Lemon Tea Cookies
Made using a basic sugar cookie dough with lemon zest and edible lavender, these treats will be the talk of the party. Lavender and lemon tea cookies are so good, you’ll make this recipe time and again.
While lemon and lavender may seem like a strange combination, it’s actually a winning and unexpected flavor profile. These are perfect for dunking in a hot cup of tea or coffee because they are light and airy and will melt in your mouth!
You can find culinary grade lavender online or at your local tea merchant. It’s a wonderful addition to hot and iced tea and there are several ways to use lavender—check it out!
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Lavender and Lemon Tea Cookies Recipe
These lavender and lemon tea cookies are fancy enough for a gathering and easy enough for an afternoon treat. Most of the prep time is chilling the dough!
Yield: 24 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 - 1 tsp culinary grade lavender
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp culinary grade lavender
- Mix powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon zest and egg in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and lavender until combined.
- Place dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper and roll to about ¼" thickness then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove dough from refrigerator and place on floured surface. Cut into circles using a cookie cutter and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 7-8 minutes or until edges are slightly golden, remove from oven and cool completely on a rack.
- Mix together powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and lavender. Dip tops of cookies into the glaze and return to the rack to set. Enjoy!
If you love the flavor of lavender, whip up a blushing whiskey and lavender cocktail!
Calories: 160kcal, Carbohydrates: 19g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.03g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g, Cholesterol: 29mg, Sodium: 59mg, Potassium: 40mg, Fiber: 0.4g, Sugar: 10g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!